Zatoichi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stetch's LMPQ Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BeyondInsane
Crazyman
BeyondInsane

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Stetch's LMPQ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Stetch's Guide to Ludibrium Maze PQ
4/9/2008

Party size: 3 to 6 people

Level limit: 51 to 70 (same as Orbis PQ)

Who to party: If you are leader you may wish to add a cleric for the bandits and warriors, especially if they are under lv 60 or so. You might want one just for the heck of it anyway but really it's not too necessary except for the melee fighters—some will only join if there's a cleric in party. Don't worry too much about your members' levels, especially if they are sins and hunters (long distance attackers). Hunters with max arrow bomb are extremely helpful (the arrow bomb stuns macis so they don't do their nasty attack quite so often), and sins can get into tight places where others have a hard time reaching (such as the one monster box at the top of the one room). Melee fighters of all levels can do well there if they have a good cleric spam healing them.

How to get in: Go to the top of the clock tower in Ludibrium. Click on the NPC there. It can be very hard to get in when it is night time in the U.S. but other times you will probably have fairly good luck—the pq is usually very short so the tendency is for a very short time between parties. You'll usually find yourself competing with only one or two other parties per channel.

What to do: Collect passes dropped by monsters in various rooms, by releasing monsters from boxes. You really only need to ever visit two rooms—6 and 7. This is because the Tauromacis (found in one box per room 6 and 7) drop the most tickets. (Not all rooms have monsters anyway—I think only 1-12 have anything). Collect as many as you can, and bring them to room 16, the exit room. You can get 300 tickets if you are lucky—once in a while you will actually get none! (This only happened to me once so far.) The more tickets, the more exp. you get. Be warned—clerics especially have the tendency to wander off to rooms 1 and 11 to get in some great exp at zombies (not that Stetch EVER did this *cough*). If you don't want them to do that--best let everyone know before you start the pq.

How to get around:
You start the pq in a random room. You just need to get to the important rooms (6 and 7) and then back to 16 when finished. The rooms are laid out like this:

Each room has 3 portals (except for room 16). The left portal takes you up four maps; the middle takes you up 7; the right takes you down 3:

L = +4 M= +7 R= -3

So that if you started the pq in map 9, for instance, you would want to simply enter the R (right) portal and do map 6 first. (Hit all 3 boxes, until you release macis; attack all; collect passes, and then move on to map 7). With my system, I mostly just use the R portal to get to 6 or 7—whichever mathematically is easiest to approach. Remember also that going LR (left portal followed by right portal) is the same as going up one room. It sounds a bit annoying at first but it's really not too bad after some time. I promise, you WILL get used to it, especially if you have a patient leader who does not mind if you take a little time to learn.

Here is a quick guide for how to get to the exit (room 16) from the important rooms (6 and 7) and how to move between those rooms 6 and 7. I recommend putting this next to your computer screen while you play:

6-->7 = LR or RL 7-->6 = MM

6-->exit = MMLM 7-->exit = LLRRM (or RLRLM)

You may wish to also note this:

15-->exit = RRM
12-->exit = RM
9-->exit = M

Remember: L= left portal; M= middle portal; R= right portal

I often hear people say that if you get lost and need to find the exit (room 16), just keep going in the middle portal until you get to room 5. Then just go LM from there. I've never really tried that out but hey if it works for you, do it! Smile

What is the reward?
The experience is actually not too bad if you do the pq quickly (collecting just the tickets from rooms 6 and 7) and do the quest repeatedly. The real reward, though, is the potions and stuff you get upon exit. You will get way more potions than you can possibly use at your level, so either stick them on a mule, or NPC them, or sell on your FM store...or more than one of the above. Buddies who ONLY NPC the potions always brag to me how much money they get from the pq. I save most of it though—I just leave a mule in town and drop stuff to him or her as I pass by lol. You also get some pretty crummy scrolls but you can sell in FM (really cheaply) or just do whatever you want with them. Heart earrings and emergency tubes are given very occasionally.

Chart showing shorts possible ways Thanks goes to Aug

Stetch's LMPQ Guide Ludimazepqshortestwaysas3

copy and pasted from old site.

Last edited by BeyondInsane on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stetchnik
Hatomoto
Stetchnik

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Wow what clever person came up with that guide? I'd like to meet her!

XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1468461137&ref=name
Stetchnik
Hatomoto
Stetchnik

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm

lol Perhaps though you could make a sticky NOT under welcome? Instead you could post a new topic called guides, where you could then put, well, guides Razz

Just an idea!

Thanks for reposting that, friend Smile

Stetch
Back to top Go down
BeyondInsane
Crazyman
BeyondInsane

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Inky has to make a Forum Called guides XD

We can move them there later XD
Back to top Go down
Augeas

Augeas

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:11 pm

I have a chart of what room goes to where. Can someone help me put it up?
Back to top Go down
Stetchnik
Hatomoto
Stetchnik

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:15 am

OMG remind me never to use that chart LOL. I might have to jump out Ludibrium tower! Please tell me you didn't do all that work yourself, Brian lol.

Very impressive.
Back to top Go down
BeyondInsane
Crazyman
BeyondInsane

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 1:32 pm

that is a very good chart ! i just had to memorize the fastest way to the end XD
Back to top Go down
Stetchnik
Hatomoto
Stetchnik

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Well...if you don't want to annoy the entire party it's probably best just to memorize how to get to the 2 main rooms, how to go between them and how to return. Of course if you are a cleric and want to remember where rooms 1 and 11 are, awesome, but most parties will never let you take the time to visit there Razz
Back to top Go down
BeyondInsane
Crazyman
BeyondInsane

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:32 pm

hehe even as a dit i would just say "oops took wrong portal"
Back to top Go down
ramenisgud

ramenisgud

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 1:34 am

NICE graph  lol!
cherry needs it
that way i don't needa help her wen she lmpqs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stetch's LMPQ Guide   Stetch's LMPQ Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Stetch's LMPQ Guide
Page 1 of 1